What is Kahoot?
- Kahoot is a game-based classroom response system
- Create and play quizzes, discussions and surveys using any device with a web browser
- Motivate participation through game-based learning and rewards in a social setting
Students Love Kahoot
- I know students love this game from the feedback I receive from other teachers and from my own experience with using Kahoot.
- Students ask me “Can we please play Kahoot?” For every game there is always lots of laughter and students are very engaged.
- At the end of the 2014/15 school year, I gave students a day to complete missing assignments. There were several students who were finished all of their work. These students got together and set-up their own game of Kahoot. I did not suggest it, they just really wanted to play. This was more evidence for me that students love this interactive tool.
Why use Kahoot?
- You can create your own quizzes in Kahoot to assess student understanding and/or review material before a test.
- There are many public Kahoots, created by teachers
- You may be able to find one with questions on a topic you teach by using the search option within Kahoot
- I also like to use Kahoot just for fun
- Use a games to get to know your students at the beginning of the semester or for having fun for a few minutes at the end of the day