- Find EdTech Lessons, News and Information on my Pinterest Boards
- 3500+ Followers
- Topics include Presentation Software, Educational Games, Digital Citizenship, Website Development, Chromebook Teaching Tips, Google Drive…
Click on the image below to view these boards…
Everyday I search the web for blog posts and articles about new exciting EdTech developments and add them to these boards on Pinterest.
Here are some of my favourite places to find EdTech news, information and articles…
- Go to www.scoop.it and create an account
- Search Education Technology
3. Twitter.com – Some of my favourite hashtags to search are #edtech, #edtechchat and #edchat
4. Pinterest.com – This is my favourite site to find EdTech news
- Search by categories
- Create boards to organize your pins and quickly retrieve information you have gathered
- I have been using this site for several years and have a variety of boards devoted to EdTech including Teaching Technology, Google, Presentation Software, Digital Citizenship and Educational Games
5. Mashable.com While not necessarily an EdTech site, this is the best place to discover cutting edge news on new technology. I often share and discuss these technologies with my students in my computer classes.
- Click on Tech along the top toolbar to refine your search
6. Educatorstechnology.com Lots of great articles and tips on this site and it is regularly updated with new information.
In my computers class, we discuss E-Waste…
Electronic waste or e-waste is broadly defined as anything that is being thrown away by consumers that contains a circuit board
- There are lots of items we use in our daily lives
- All of these will break down at some point
- The 1st law of the Digital Age is “Newer is Better”
- Old TV’s, phones and computers become obsolete electronic garbage called e-waste
1.Pelley, Scott. The Electronic Wasteland. CBS.com. November 9, 2008
Here are some E-Waste Posters my students designed using Microsoft Publisher…