Attention: Please research this site before installing it on your computer. 58 million people use it but you may not want to because it is a Peer-to-Peer Network.
- Access websites and video content blocked in your country or school with Hola!
- Hola is free and easy to use
- An extension for Google Chrome and Firefox browsers
- Used by over 58 million people around the world
- Hola’s goal is to make the internet faster, more open, and cheaper to operate
What is Hola?
- Hola is a collaborative, Peer-to-Peer internet
- Hola is a proxy that works by routing your Internet traffic through the computers of other Hola users
- In exchange some of the traffic belonging to other Hola users is routed through your computer
- Hola’s VPN network enables consumers to browse the web privately, securely and freely
SafeSearch can help you block inappropriate or explicit images from your Google Search results. The SafeSearch filter isn’t 100% accurate, but it helps to avoid most adult content.
Click on the link below for a Google Search results page for the Keyword Dinosaur with Google SafeSearch turned on….
Search results using SafeSearch
To learn more about SafeSearch click on the link below…
I found out about these updates recently on the Educators Technology and Mobile Learning website. I love this site for EdTech news. Click on the link below to view this blog…
The 3 Updates include:
- Add questions to your class stream
- Attach a Form to assignments
- Re-use existing materials
I tested out these new features with my classes on friday. Click on the link below to view post and find out more information…
3 Google Classroom Updates
I have been using Flubaroo a lot this semester to grade multiple choice quizzes I have made in Google Drive Forms. I found out about a new Flubaroo feature from Richard Byrne on his Free Technology For Teachers Blog that allows you to send graded assignments to students. Click on the link below to view his post…
Send Graded Assignments to Students Through Google Drive
For step-by-step instructions for sending graded assignments, click on the link below…
Share Grades through Drive – Step-by-step instructions
I am excited to try out this new feature after my students complete their next quiz in Google Forms.
- Visual Search engine for Kids
- Powered by editors and Google Safe Search
How is Kiddle designed for Kids?
1. Safe Search: All sites appearing in Kiddle search results satisfy family friendly requirements. They say they filter sites with explicit or deceptive content.
2. Big Thumbnails for search results which makes it easier to scan the results
3. Large Arial Font makes it easy to read
4. Privacy: They don’t collect any personally identifiable information and logs are deleted every 24 hours.
5. Search Results
- Results 1-3 are pages written specifically for kids and are handpicked and checked by Kiddle editors
- Results 4-7 are not specifically written for kids but contain simple language and are handpicked and checked by Kiddle editors
- Results 8 onwards are written for adults but filtered by Google safe search
Update: KidRex is another search engine option for kids…
Use this infographic to introduce Excel to students and teachers. It briefly describes some of the features in Excel along with a series of images and graphics. The layout was designed using Piktochart.com infographic software.
• Organize your numeric or text data
• Calculate and analyze data
• Create charts and graphs
Click on the link below to download this infographic…
Use this infographic to introduce Google Drive to students and teachers. It briefly describes the features in Google Drive including Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms and Drawings using images and graphics. The layout was designed using Piktochart.com infographic software.
Benefits of Google Drive…
• Access documents anywhere
• Invite others to collaborate
• These programs are free
• Keep your files safe
• Add-Ons and Updates (Flippity Flash Cards, WeVideo, Mindmeister Mind Maps)
Click on the link below to download this Google Drive infographic
Google Drive Infographic
• Use this Word Search to introduce students to Google Drive or to supplement a Google Drive activity/investigation
• There are 2 versions of this Google Drive Word Search…
1. An easier 10 x 10 Grid Search
2. A more challenging 15 x 15 Grid Search
• Depending on the age and abilities of your students, you have a choice between these two options.
Click on the link below to download this free lesson…
Google Drive Word Search
• Students will find the definitions to each of these web design terms by doing an online search
• An answer key is included so that teachers can take up the definitions of the terms with their class and/or mark their answers
Click on the link below to download this free lesson
Web Page Terminology Activity
* Students will find the definition for each of these 24 computer terms
* An answer key is included so that teachers can take up the definitions of the terms with their classes and/or mark student answers
Click on the link below to download this free activity…
• Kahoot is a game-based classroom response system
• Create and play quizzes, discussions and surveys using any device with a web browser
• Motivate participation through game-based learning and rewards in a social setting
Click on the image below to download this free resource…
Students Love Kahoot!
• I know students love this game from the feedback I receive from other teachers and from my own experience with using Kahoot.
• Students ask me, “Can we please play Kahoot?” For every game there is always lots of laughter and students are very engaged.
• At the end of the 2014/15 school year, I gave students a day to complete missing assignments. There were several students who were finished all of their work. These students got together and set-up their own game of Kahoot. I did not suggest it, they just really wanted to play. This was more evidence for me that students love this interactive tool.
• You can create your own quizzes in Kahoot to assess student understanding and/or review material before a test. The following lesson will show you how to do it…
• This resource contains links to 10 just-for-fun Kahoots that my students have enjoyed playing
• Use these games to get to know your students at the beginning of the semester or for having fun for a few minutes at the end of the day
1. Go to www.getkahoot.com and sign up
2. Copy/Paste one of the links in this presentation into your browser
3. Students will go to www.kahoot.it and log in with a username and the game pin
It is that simple! You can be playing Kahoot with your students in just a few minutes.
Click on the link below to download this free resource…