This video explains how to Share within Google Drive and the benefits of collaborating in Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms and Drawings.
1. Share in Docs, Sheets, Slides and Drawings
2. Sending a Google Form
3. Share Options (Can Edit, Can Comment and Can View)
4. Share a Link
5. Copying a Doc
6. Files and Folders
7. Shared with Me
8. Protecting Your Work – Save as PDF
• “The easiest design program in the world” – The Webbys
• “Canva enables anyone to become a designer” – PSFK
Design Posters, Presentations, Cards and Social Media layouts using Canva. This video explains how to create an account and start using Canva in your classroom.
Click on the link below…
Canva Design Video
“Quieting Your Head” is like meditation and mediation has many known health benefits including reducing stress.
How do I do it? Take a breath and notice your breathing.
You will start to feel more relaxed.
It sounds kind of strange but the idea is to go beyond the mind to a place of stillness and peace.
After quieting your mind, you may find yourself more alert and able to focus better on your classroom assignments, activities and discussions.
We will take 5 minutes each day to sit in silence to quiet your mind.
What should you do during this silence? Try to focus on your breath. Notice your breathing.
If you find yourself thinking of thoughts, bring yourself back to your breath as often as you can remember.
You will get better at calming your mind the more often you meditate.
Adapted from Eckert Tolle “The Power of Now”
Classroom Management Funny Series #2
- This strategy is intended to be fun
- It is not designed to transform classroom culture but helps gain attention from students
- Use it a few times throughout the semester (But don’t overdo it!)
Quiet Your Faces
- Use “Quiet Your Faces” when attempting to get attention from a noisy class
- It allows you to get their attention in a fun way because “Quiet your faces” sounds funny
- It sounds like it could be inappropriate (similar to Shut Your Mouths!) but the beauty is that it isn’t inappropriate, which makes students laugh
- It kind of stuns students when they first hear it (What did he/she just say?) so you can gain their attention, to give them instructions or to start a discussion
Classroom Management Funny Series #1
- These strategies are intended to be fun
- They are not designed to transform classroom culture but may help a few students to self-regulate
- After teaching how to pretend to work, it is fun and helpful to remind students about it occasionally throughout the semester (but don’t overdo it)
Why? (For Teachers)
- Students require different amounts of time to complete assignments
- Students who finish early sometimes act inappropriately when given free time
- Teach students how to behave properly (in a fun way) when given free time
- “Pretending to work” (self-regulation) is a key skill, both in the classroom and the work world
Why? (For Students)
- “Pretending to work” should be used after finishing your work! (Not Before or During)
- Enjoy the downtime so you can relax and re-energize
- Be productive without constantly being bombarded with more new work
- If you pretend to work, your teacher will give you less work to complete
- How you come across to your teacher or employer (How they view you) is very important
- Self-Regulation is a key skill, both in the classroom and the work world
Keys to Pretending to Work
- Stay in your seat
- Be quiet
- Keep a low profile (do not draw attention to yourself)
- Make yourself look like you are doing work
- Have a tool (pen, binder, computer mouse etc.) in your hand or nearby to enhance the appearance of working (especially effective technique)
- (Advanced Strategy) Put an angry expression on your face because busy people are angry about all the work they need get done
How this Applies to the World of Work
- You have your first job working at at fast food restaurant. It is late at night and no customers have entered the store in over an hour. You have 2 options…
- You and your co-workers decide to have a food fight. Your manager hears you and suddenly find lots of items for all of you to clean.
- Keep quiet, pick up a broom and look busy