• Now available as an add-on for Google Docs
• Checks documents in seconds
• Recognizes citations and references in almost all academic formats like MLA, APA etc.
• Comprehensive report will highlight similarities, citations and references in different colors
• Visit original pages with the found matches
Note: The site offers flexible pricing depending on need $5 for 20 pages or $50 for 500 etc.
• WeVideo is the leading online video creation platform for video editing, collaboration, and sharing across any device.
• Drag and drop your videos, trim and choose from pre-made themes to set a unique style.
• Online video editor that makes it easy to capture, create, view and share your movies
• Add video, images, text and transitions with ease
• Use the instructions in this video and to share a copy of a Google Doc, Sheet, Slide, Form or Drawing with students or another teacher
• Share Google documents you want students to be able to edit but at the same time prevents them from altering your own original copy
• This is used for documents you are okay with users putting their own information onto/editing and perhaps submitting back to you through Google classroom
• This guide contains step-by-step instructions for obtaining the shareable link and then changing the URL to force users to make a copy
This video will show you how to add and adjust shapes in Google Drawings
1. Fill Color
2. Line Color
3. Line Weight
4. Copying Shapes
5. Rotating Shapes
6. Moving Shapes in Front or Behind other Shapes
This video shows you how to access and use two new Kahoot features in your classroom…
1. Name Generator
2. Challenge Feature
• Most of us have experienced problems with naughty nicknames while trying to play Kahoot with our classes.
• Also, sometimes students get overly creative coming up with names and it takes a long time for everyone to join.
• Kahoot has a new feature to simplify your hosting experience – their nickname generator!
• Instead of typing in a name to enter on their device, players will get up to three tries to spin for a nickname before joining the game.
• Currently their nickname generator includes 800 unique 2-word combinations, so you can use this feature even in very large games.
• This new feature means you will spend more time playing by getting students in the game right away, with minimal fuss!
How to Enable the Generator
1. Launch the kahoot game you want to play as usual from your account.
2. In the lobby, toggle on the Nickname generator feature from the game options menu – see screenshot on next slide for reference!
3. Players will join at kahoot.it or as usual. After entering the game PIN they have up to three tries to choose a nickname generated at random, before joining the game.
This video shows teachers how to use the new Kahoot Name Generator Feature!
Kahoot Challenge Feature
This video shows teachers and students how to use the new Kahoot Challenge Feature!
• Assign kahoots as homework with the new challenge feature
• Create challenges on your computer or in the app, and students play them on their phones
• Make homework engaging, increase its completion rate and save time on correcting assignments!
Note: Students need to install the Kahoot App on their mobile devices.
• Kahoot is a game-based classroom response system
• Create and play quizzes, discussions and surveys using any device with a web browser
• Motivate participation through game-based learning and rewards in a social setting
Students love Kahoot! I know this from the feedback I receive from other teachers and from my own experience with using Kahoot. Students ask me “Can we please play Kahoot?” For every game there is always lots of laughter and students are very engaged.
At the end of the 2014/15 school year, I gave students a day to complete missing assignments. There were several students who were finished all of their work. These students got together and set-up their own game of Kahoot. I did not suggest it, they just really wanted to play. This was more evidence for me that students love this interactive tool.
There are many uses for Kahoot including…
• Getting to know students at the beginning of a school year/semester
• Assessing student/class understanding of a topic
• Reviewing a unit before a test
• Surveying a class
• Having fun for a few minutes at the end of the day
• Create surveys, quizzes, and polls
• Easily see results as they come in
• Invite others to respond to your Form or Quiz using any web browser, even on mobile devices
• As results are submitted, you can use built-in analytics to evaluate responses
• Form data, such as quiz results, can be easily exported to Excel for additional analysis or grading.
Google recently launched this new drawing tool that pairs machine learning with drawings from artists to help students create images quickly. It is really simple to use and fun for all ages.
“Machine learning is a type of artificial intelligence (AI) that provides computers with the ability to learn without being explicitly programmed. Machine learning focuses on the development of computer programs that can change when exposed to new data.” (http://whatis.techtarget.com/definiti…)
TeachwithTech is about to reach 5000 Reviews on TeachersPayTeachers! I would really appreciate it you could leave feedback if you have purchased a resource or downloaded one of my free products to help us reach 5000!
Here is how you do it…
Go to teacherspayteachers.com and log-in to your account
Click on My Purchases
Click Leave Feedback below the resource you purchased. Rate the product and leave a feedback message.
Canva.com design and desktop publishing software – This is one of my top 5 EdTech tools – I use it all the time!
1. Easy to use
2. Stunning layouts
3. Unique font options
4. Huge gallery of captivating images and icon options
5. Free to use (some images/icons are paid)
Use it in your classroom anytime your students need to design something. Design Posters, Presentations, Cards and Social Media layouts using Canva! You really need to check it out if you have not tried Canva.
• “The easiest design program in the world” – The Webbys
• “Canva enables anyone to become a designer” – PSFK