14 days will give you lots of time to learn how to use Animoto, teach your students and have them complete several video projects – give it a try!
Save Time Grading Assignments and Tests!
Create Quizzes, Assignments and Investigations in Google Forms and Microsoft Forms. Forms will automatically mark them for you!
You have always been able to use Prezi for free with your students to create dynamic presentations. However, the last time I went to use Prezi with my classes, it took me a few minutes to find where students access this free option because there are now several paid versions. I have included step-by-step instructions and screenshots to help you quickly find it…
Go to www.prezi.com
1. Click Get Started
2. Select Basic Version
3. Click Continue
4. Students will enter their information (or use Google to sign-up). My students used their Google accounts because they all have accounts through our school district.
• This resource contains information and videos about Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
• Show the short video clips through the links on the slides
• Discuss the information students learned from the video or have students write/type the summary information on the slides
• Questions are included for students to analyze each company
The videos also describe how each company got started!
FACEBOOK/INSTAGRAM VS. SNAPCHAT
• Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat each provide a social experience on the web
• They are platforms that allow us to connect with our friends and family
• Each company looks for strategies to keep you on their platforms longer and so you will use them more often
• They even copy features used by their competitors
• Essentially, they compete over people’s time spent online
• For example, when people are using Snapchat, it means that they are potentially spending less of their time on Facebook or Instagram
MONTHLY ACTIVE USER STATISTICS
FACEBOOK – 2.13 BILLION
INSTAGRAM – 800 MILLION
SNAPCHAT – 301 MILLION
These companies compete for your time. Predict what will happen in 10 years with these companies. Some questions to consider…
• Will Facebook continue to dominate?
• Will another social network enter the market?
• Who will have more users Instagram or Snapchat?
i finished a MAJOR UPDATE to this bundle this week. It has been updated with new screenshots and instructions for Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel.
1. WORD (Word Processing)
2. POWERPOINT (Presentations)
3. EXCEL (Spreadsheets and Charts)
4. PUBLISHER (Desktop Publishing)
5. FORMS (Surveys and Quizzes)
#1. MICROSOFT WORD
• Microsoft Word is a software application that allows the user to perform word processing and create beautiful and engaging documents.
• This lesson includes instructions along with screen shots and text bubbles to demonstrate how easy it is to create high-quality documents using Microsoft Word.
• It reveals and explains the main features located under the menu bar.
• It includes activities, student exemplars and marking schemes
1. Font (Style, Size, Color)
2. Bulleted and Numbered Lists
3. Bold, italics, Underline
4. Align and Center Text
5. Inserting (Tables, Pictures, Shapes, SmartArt, Charts, Header, Page Numbers, WordArt, Textboxes, Video)
6. Page Layout (Page Size, Margins, Orientation, Page Color)
7. References (Table of Contents, Bibliography, Endnotes and Footnotes, Citation)
8. Mailings (Labels)
9. Review (Spelling and Grammar, Thesaurus)
10. View (Zoom, Print and Web Layout)
11. Microsoft Word Activities (Instructions, Marking Scheme, Student Exemplars)
1. Creating a dinosaur using shapes in Word
2. Using Picture Tools to add and move images
3. Creating a Resume
4. Using WordArt
5. Creating and Formatting a Table
6. Setting Up a Page
#2. MICROSOFT POWERPOINT
• PowerPoint is a presentation software program
• Create screens that effectively incorporate colorful text, images, tables and graphs
• Animate text and illustrations and set-up transitions between slides
This lesson includes instructions along with screenshots and text bubbles to demonstrate how easy it is to create beautiful presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint. It also reveals and explains the main features located under the menu bar. This resource also contains activities that students will create using PowerPoint along with student exemplars of some of the activities.
1. Format Text (font color/style, underline, italics, bold, bulleted lists, align text)
2. Changing Slide Layouts
3. Creating New Slides
4. Inserting Shapes, Text Boxes, Tables, WordArt, Pictures
5. Arranging Shapes
6. Constructing SmartArt and Charts
7. Design (Slide Layout)
8. Slide Backgrounds
9. Transitions and Custom Animation
10. Slide Show (Setting up the show)
11. Review and Viewing the Presentation
This resource contains 7 PowerPoint presentation activities
1. Snack Treat
2. Wacky Product
3. Tech Gadget
4. Comparing 2 Smartphones
5. Tech Sharing
6. Performing a Task
7. Tell Us About The First One Developed
Students are encouraged to use their imaginations to sell a unique item, research technology devices and share new information. They are guided through the process of putting these shows together.
These presentations include…
• Topic information for each slide
• Presentation Tips
• Marking schemes
• Student Exemplars
#3. MICROSOFT EXCEL
• Microsoft Excel is software that lets you create tables, and calculate and analyze data.
• This type of software is called spreadsheet software.
• Excel lets you create tables that automatically calculate the totals of numerical values you input, print out tables in neat layouts, and create simple graphs.
1. Investigating the MENU (File, Home, Insert, Page Layout, Formulas, Data, Review, View, Help)
2. Rows, Columns and Cells
3. Types of Charts
4. Chart Components
5. Highlighting Data
6. Creating Charts
7. Format Chart Area
8. Chart Tools – Design (Adding Elements, Quick Layout, Changing Colors, Switch Column/Row, Select Data, Change Chart Type)
9. Chart Styles
10. Axis Titles
11. Data Labels
1. Creating Bar, Line and Pie Charts
2. Bike Sales Activity
3. AutoSum Activity
4. NFL Spreadsheet
5. Halloween Activity
6. Thanksgiving Activity
• This lesson contains information about spreadsheets, activities and marking schemes.
#4. MICROSOFT PUBLISHER
Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing application
• Create a variety of business documents including brochures, newsletters, postcards and business cards
• Deliver high-quality results without having graphic design experience
• Prebuilt building blocks of content and professional-looking effects for text, shapes and pictures
1. Font (Bold, Underline, italics, Color, Size, Style)
2. Shapes (Insert, Re-order, Fill, Outline, Transparency)
3. Pictures (Insert Online Pictures, Format Picture Style, Crop, Recolor, Brightness and Contrast)
4. Text Box (Insert, Format)
5. Borders and Accents
6. Calendar and Page Parts
7. Table (Rows, Columns, Color Scheme, Line Width and Color)
8. Page Design (Background Color, Built-in Color Schemes, Margins, Page Orientation, Page Size)
9. Mailings (Mail Merge)
10. Review (Check Spelling, Thesaurus)
11. View (Zoom into and out of Document)
Publisher is different than Microsoft Word in that the emphasis is placed on page layout and design rather than text composition. This lesson reveals and explains the main features located under the menu bar. It includes instructions along with screenshots and text bubbles to demonstrate how easy it is to create high-quality documents using Microsoft Publisher.
1. Brochure (2 Different Projects)
2. Business Cards
3. Events Poster
4. Cereal Box
You will also receive a lesson plan with this resource (PDF and editable PowerPoint copy)
#5. MICROSOFT FORMS
Microsoft recently released Microsoft Forms!
• Create surveys, quizzes, and polls
• Easily see results as they come in
• Invite others to respond to your Form or Quiz using any web browser, even on mobile devices
• As results are submitted, you can use built-in analytics to evaluate responses
• Form data, such as quiz results, can be easily exported to Excel for additional analysis or grading.
This guide utilizes screenshots and step-by-step instructions to show you how to use the new Microsoft Forms!