- Anyone can register for free and make short videos using Animoto in just a few minutes.
- I just discovered that Educators can now get 50 Free upgraded student accounts for 6 months by registering on their website.
- Animoto will send you a code via email to use to set-up the accounts.
- These Upgraded accounts allow students to create videos up to 10 minutes in length. These ‘Plus’ accounts give students access to more features within the program. Also, the videos do not have a watermark in the background.
- The following screen shots and instructions show you how to obtain the free accounts…
- Make FREE 30 second videos
- The easiest way to make beautiful videos online
- Stunning video styles
- Add captions and titles to your photos and video clips
Using Animoto in the Classroom
I began using Animoto about a year ago to make short 30 second videos with my computer classes. So far I have had 5 different classes (about 150 students) use this free program. I am very impressed with its ease of use and video quality. Students really enjoy using this program. I would suggest that you have students experiment with different themes and add captions to their photos.
Using Animoto for School Assemblies and Events
At the end of the school year, I decided to put together a year-end video showcasing student achievement in academics and athletics for an assembly. Since I am in charge of creating the yearbook at my school, I have access to hundreds of photos. Because it had worked so effectively in my classroom experiments, I selected Animoto to put together this year-end video. For this project, I purchased the $5/month plan because it allows you to create videos that are up to 10 minutes in length. The finished product looked like it took hours to create but I was able to put it together in a fraction of that time. The hardest part was sorting through all my images to find the best ones to use for the video.