Over the last few days I have put together an activity for TeacherThanks.com. It is now available as a free download on TpT…
• Share positive stories about teachers in order to foster a supportive classroom community
• Examine and learn strategies teachers can incorporate in the classroom to make a positive impact on their students
• To demonstrate to students that you are open to new ideas
• Foster a discussion about positive teacher/student relationships
• Encourage students to take a few minutes to check out TeacherThanks.com and leave a comment if they wish.
Note: If some students can’t think of someone or don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment, tell them that is perfectly fine but you would like them to spend a few minutes thinking about positive qualities good teachers possess.
• After 10 minutes, ask if there are any students who would feel comfortable sharing what they wrote.
• As a class, discuss what teachers can do to make a positive difference and/or be effective at their job.
• You may wish to develop a list of things students shared and let them know that you will try to do those things in the classroom.
Click on the link below to download this free activity…