Google recently added a number of helpful updates to Google Classroom for teachers.
These updates include…
1. Reorder your classes on the homepage
2. View all of a student’s work on a single page
3. Use decimal grades to award partial points
4. Display the class code in full screen
5. Transfer class ownership to another teacher
Click on the link below to download this free guide…
Do you use the amazing Google Classroom platform?
Do you have your students use Prezi to create dynamic presentations?
If you answered no to these questions, I would suggest you start using both of these amazing tools.
If you answered yes to the above questions, take advantage of this free guide.
I recently had my classes create a Prezi and share to my Google Classroom. I put together some step-by-step instructions to guide my students through this sharing process. I am sharing those instructions below in case you plan to use Prezi this semester with your students. I plan to have a link to a free download for you soon, so that you will have a copy to keep for future reference. UPDATE: The link to this free guide has now been added below
TeachwithTech now has over 75 Google Resources!
Lessons and Activities for Google Drive, Classroom, Add-ons, Sites, Photos and many more
Click on the link below to browse through our full library of Google Resources…
• This resource contains image designs to enhance your class announcements
• Use them to announce upcoming quizzes, tests, homework, guest speakers, field trips etc.
• Insert these icons into Google Classroom Announcements or display them using a projector in a regular classroom
• Adding images helps your announcements to get noticed and be remembered by your students
• These jpg images are easy to add to Classroom and step-by-step instructions are included to show you how to do it
5. Due Date
7. Guest Speaker
8. Field Trip
9. Quiet Please
10. Five Minutes (Remaining in Class or For an Activity)
Link to resource…
I am excited to announce that starting today Teachers Pay Teachers is now offering Video lessons. I now have video lessons on the following topics …
1. Weebly Website Creator
2. Kahoot Classroom Response Game
3. Popplet Mind Maps
4. QR Codes using Google Sheets
5. PicMonkey Photo Editing
6. Prezi Presentations
7. Glogster Multi-Media Posters
8. Google Drive
9. Google Classroom
Google Classroom helped me immensely to stay more organized. All class materials are in one place. Google creates a folder for each assignment and all submitted assignments are automatically placed in this folder to ease marking. I can reuse assignments, tests and announcements to quickly recreate a course. Create a test and use the Flubaroo add-on to mark it for you. Finally, the site just looks good, the layout is appealing. You can change the theme to suite your class. It is professional while at the same time inviting to students. Try it for yourself to take advantage of all of all these amazing features in your classroom.
• Google has developed a series of Education Templates to use with Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms
• Teachers and Students can use these layouts to help them quickly create beautiful educational documents
• The screenshots below show what some of the templates look like and where and how to access them in Google Docs
• Essay, Report, Book Report, Class Notes, Lesson Plans
• Worksheet, Exit Ticket, Course Evaluation, Assessment
• Attendance, Grade Book
• Lesson Plan, Book Report, Field Trip, Science Project, Science Fair, Student Certificate
Google added a New Feature to Google Forms for teachers so that you can now create a quiz directly in Google Forms.
• You can create a quiz with correct and incorrect answers for questions with multiple choices, checkboxes or drop-down options
• Give students quick feedback with auto-marked questions
• Useful insight into class performance (Average, Median and Range)
I had a question… “How do I delete a class from Google Classroom?”
The main thing to understand is that you can’t delete a class until you archive it.
At the end of a semester of the school year, you may want to archive a class to preserve the class materials, assignments and any postings in the class stream. When you archive a class, you no longer see it among your other classes. It is moved to a separate area.