• Use CheckItOut to keep track of digital devices, textbooks and other classroom items
• CheckItOut is an add-on for Google Drive Forms
• This add-on will create one question in Forms for items that are Checked-out and another question that are Checked-in
• When someone fills out the form, selected items will be moved between the two questions
#2. Word Cloud Generator
This Google Drive add-on generates a downloadable word cloud of your documents
Some new advanced options…
1. Control over number of words
2. Prettifying the cloud
3. Dropping words
4. Word count table
• This online diagram application makes it easy to sketch and share professional flowchart diagrams.
• Create a Free Account and make Basic Diagrams (up to 60 objects per document)
• Invite an unlimited number of collaborators
• Lucidchart is another add-on for Google Drive
I offered students the opportunity for bonus marks if they create a character/picture using shapes in Google Drawings. I was really impressed with what they were able to create. Here are a few student exemplars…
This is a fun activity that allows students to learn more about Google Drive Drawings while creating an amusing picture.
• Once students are done completing one of my Google Draw activities (Holiday Picture, Dinosaur, Minion, Pokemon etc.), they can create a picture of their choice.
• This resource some examples of what students created for this activity
• Note: these examples do not include step-by-step instructions like my other Google Draw activities.
• Google has developed a series of Education Templates to use with Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms
• Teachers and Students can use these layouts to help them quickly create beautiful educational documents
• The screenshots below show what some of the templates look like and where and how to access them in Google Docs
• Essay, Report, Book Report, Class Notes, Lesson Plans
• Worksheet, Exit Ticket, Course Evaluation, Assessment
• Attendance, Grade Book
• Lesson Plan, Book Report, Field Trip, Science Project, Science Fair, Student Certificate
Google added a New Feature to Google Forms for teachers so that you can now create a quiz directly in Google Forms.
• You can create a quiz with correct and incorrect answers for questions with multiple choices, checkboxes or drop-down options
• Give students quick feedback with auto-marked questions
• Useful insight into class performance (Average, Median and Range)
I developed an activity today that shows students how to create a Minion using Shapes in Google Drive Drawings. This is a fun activity that allows students to learn more about Google Drive Drawings while creating an amusing Minions picture. I used it with my Grade 9 Computers class and they loved it! They were very engaged and it would definitely be a great activity for elementary students as well!
Topics/Skills Covered in this Activity
• Finding the Shape Button
• Using a Variety of Shapes
• Moving / Rotating Shapes
• Coloring Shapes
• Copy/Paste Shapes
• Putting Shapes Together to Make a Picture
Click on the link below to view this lesson…