Collaborators within Google Drive
- I often have students put together a Google Slide presentation for their group projects
- One person from the group will open a Google Slide presentation
- That person will then invite the other members of the group to collaborate
- All members of the group can work on the same Google Slide from different devices
- They will each see changes made by their group members in real time
Protecting your Work
- If you are concerned about someone copying your work and submitting it as their own, then share your work in PDF format
- This is the only secure way to protect work if you do not want people to be able to edit it
- It is very important to know that recipients can always make a copy of “view only” files and just edit as they wish
- Google Docs were designed to allow people to collaborate and edit shared documents. It was not created to “protect” products.
TeachwithTech now has over 75 Google Resources!
Lessons and Activities for Google Drive, Classroom, Add-ons, Sites, Photos and many more
Click on the link below to browse through our full library of Google Resources…
• Use CheckItOut to keep track of digital devices, textbooks and other classroom items
• CheckItOut is an add-on for Google Drive Forms
• This add-on will create one question in Forms for items that are Checked-out and another question that are Checked-in
• When someone fills out the form, selected items will be moved between the two questions
#2. Word Cloud Generator
This Google Drive add-on generates a downloadable word cloud of your documents
Some new advanced options…
1. Control over number of words
2. Prettifying the cloud
3. Dropping words
4. Word count table
• This online diagram application makes it easy to sketch and share professional flowchart diagrams.
• Create a Free Account and make Basic Diagrams (up to 60 objects per document)
• Invite an unlimited number of collaborators
• Lucidchart is another add-on for Google Drive
I offered students the opportunity for bonus marks if they create a character/picture using shapes in Google Drawings. I was really impressed with what they were able to create. Here are a few student exemplars…
This is a fun activity that allows students to learn more about Google Drive Drawings while creating an amusing picture.
• Once students are done completing one of my Google Draw activities (Holiday Picture, Dinosaur, Minion, Pokemon etc.), they can create a picture of their choice.
• This resource some examples of what students created for this activity
• Note: these examples do not include step-by-step instructions like my other Google Draw activities.
I am excited to announce that starting today Teachers Pay Teachers is now offering Video lessons. I now have video lessons on the following topics …
1. Weebly Website Creator
2. Kahoot Classroom Response Game
3. Popplet Mind Maps
4. QR Codes using Google Sheets
5. PicMonkey Photo Editing
6. Prezi Presentations
7. Glogster Multi-Media Posters
8. Google Drive
9. Google Classroom
Google Classroom helped me immensely to stay more organized. All class materials are in one place. Google creates a folder for each assignment and all submitted assignments are automatically placed in this folder to ease marking. I can reuse assignments, tests and announcements to quickly recreate a course. Create a test and use the Flubaroo add-on to mark it for you. Finally, the site just looks good, the layout is appealing. You can change the theme to suite your class. It is professional while at the same time inviting to students. Try it for yourself to take advantage of all of all these amazing features in your classroom.
• Google has developed a series of Education Templates to use with Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms
• Teachers and Students can use these layouts to help them quickly create beautiful educational documents
• The screenshots below show what some of the templates look like and where and how to access them in Google Docs
• Essay, Report, Book Report, Class Notes, Lesson Plans
• Worksheet, Exit Ticket, Course Evaluation, Assessment
• Attendance, Grade Book
• Lesson Plan, Book Report, Field Trip, Science Project, Science Fair, Student Certificate
Google added a New Feature to Google Forms for teachers so that you can now create a quiz directly in Google Forms.
• You can create a quiz with correct and incorrect answers for questions with multiple choices, checkboxes or drop-down options
• Give students quick feedback with auto-marked questions
• Useful insight into class performance (Average, Median and Range)
- The Save to Google Drive Chrome extension allows you to save web content directly to Google Drive through a browser action or context menu
- Save documents, images, HTML5 audio and video
- After your content is saved, you can open the file, rename, or view the file in the Google Drive document list
- From the document list, you can organize and share your new document