I offered students the opportunity for bonus marks if they create a character/picture using shapes in Google Drawings. I was really impressed with what they were able to create. Here are a few student exemplars…
This is a fun activity that allows students to learn more about Google Drive Drawings while creating an amusing picture.
• Once students are done completing one of my Google Draw activities (Holiday Picture, Dinosaur, Minion, Pokemon etc.), they can create a picture of their choice.
• This resource some examples of what students created for this activity
• Note: these examples do not include step-by-step instructions like my other Google Draw activities.
• Google has developed a series of Education Templates to use with Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms
• Teachers and Students can use these layouts to help them quickly create beautiful educational documents
• The screenshots below show what some of the templates look like and where and how to access them in Google Docs
• Essay, Report, Book Report, Class Notes, Lesson Plans
• Worksheet, Exit Ticket, Course Evaluation, Assessment
• Attendance, Grade Book
• Lesson Plan, Book Report, Field Trip, Science Project, Science Fair, Student Certificate
Google added a New Feature to Google Forms for teachers so that you can now create a quiz directly in Google Forms.
• You can create a quiz with correct and incorrect answers for questions with multiple choices, checkboxes or drop-down options
• Give students quick feedback with auto-marked questions
• Useful insight into class performance (Average, Median and Range)
I developed an activity today that shows students how to create a Minion using Shapes in Google Drive Drawings. This is a fun activity that allows students to learn more about Google Drive Drawings while creating an amusing Minions picture. I used it with my Grade 9 Computers class and they loved it! They were very engaged and it would definitely be a great activity for elementary students as well!
Topics/Skills Covered in this Activity
• Finding the Shape Button
• Using a Variety of Shapes
• Moving / Rotating Shapes
• Coloring Shapes
• Copy/Paste Shapes
• Putting Shapes Together to Make a Picture
Click on the link below to view this lesson…
• Create and insert Math Expressions and Graphs in Google DOCS, SHEETS and FORMS using a new add-on for Google Drive called g(Math)
• This guide has instructions for accessing the g(Math) add-on and step-by-step instructions for using it
• Use g(Math) with Google Forms to create online quizzes and tests
• For multiple choice quizzes, you can use the Flubaroo add-on in Drive to grade the quiz for you!
Click on the link below to download this free guide…
• A QR code (Quick Response Code) is a type of matrix barcode first designed for the automotive industry in Japan
• When scanned with a smartphone, tablet or laptop they will take you to a website, article, video, social media page and more
• All you need is a camera lens on your device and a free QR code scanning app
• QR Codes can be used for many classroom activities including website and video investigations
QR Code Generator
• QR Code Generator is an add-on for Google Sheets
• It allows you to generate QR codes directly from Google Spreadsheets
• Make multiple QR codes quickly and easily
The instructions below will show you how to create QR Codes in Google Drive using an add-on for Google Sheets called QR Code Generator