TeachwithTech now has over 75 Google Resources!
Lessons and Activities for Google Drive, Classroom, Add-ons, Sites, Photos and many more
Click on the link below to browse through our full library of Google Resources…
• Use CheckItOut to keep track of digital devices, textbooks and other classroom items
• CheckItOut is an add-on for Google Drive Forms
• This add-on will create one question in Forms for items that are Checked-out and another question that are Checked-in
• When someone fills out the form, selected items will be moved between the two questions
This Google Drive add-on generates a downloadable word cloud of your documents
Some new advanced options…
1. Control over number of words
2. Prettifying the cloud
3. Dropping words
4. Word count table
• This online diagram application makes it easy to sketch and share professional flowchart diagrams.
• Create a Free Account and make Basic Diagrams (up to 60 objects per document)
• Invite an unlimited number of collaborators
• Lucidchart is another add-on for Google Drive
• Once students are done completing one of my Google Draw activities (Holiday Picture, Dinosaur, Minion, Pokemon etc.), they can create a picture of their choice.
• This resource some examples of what students created for this activity
• Note: these examples do not include step-by-step instructions like my other Google Draw activities.
1. Weebly Website Creator
2. Kahoot Classroom Response Game
3. Popplet Mind Maps
4. QR Codes using Google Sheets
5. PicMonkey Photo Editing
6. Prezi Presentations
7. Glogster Multi-Media Posters
8. Google Drive
9. Google Classroom
• Google has developed a series of Education Templates to use with Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms
• Teachers and Students can use these layouts to help them quickly create beautiful educational documents
• The screenshots below show what some of the templates look like and where and how to access them in Google Docs
• Essay, Report, Book Report, Class Notes, Lesson Plans
• Worksheet, Exit Ticket, Course Evaluation, Assessment
• Attendance, Grade Book
• Lesson Plan, Book Report, Field Trip, Science Project, Science Fair, Student Certificate
Google added a New Feature to Google Forms for teachers so that you can now create a quiz directly in Google Forms.
• You can create a quiz with correct and incorrect answers for questions with multiple choices, checkboxes or drop-down options
• Give students quick feedback with auto-marked questions
• Useful insight into class performance (Average, Median and Range)
I developed an activity today that shows students how to create a Minion using Shapes in Google Drive Drawings. This is a fun activity that allows students to learn more about Google Drive Drawings while creating an amusing Minions picture. I used it with my Grade 9 Computers class and they loved it! They were very engaged and it would definitely be a great activity for elementary students as well!
Topics/Skills Covered in this Activity
• Finding the Shape Button
• Using a Variety of Shapes
• Moving / Rotating Shapes
• Coloring Shapes
• Copy/Paste Shapes
• Putting Shapes Together to Make a Picture
Click on the link below to view this lesson…
• Create and insert Math Expressions and Graphs in Google DOCS, SHEETS and FORMS using a new add-on for Google Drive called g(Math)
• This guide has instructions for accessing the g(Math) add-on and step-by-step instructions for using it
• Use g(Math) with Google Forms to create online quizzes and tests
• For multiple choice quizzes, you can use the Flubaroo add-on in Drive to grade the quiz for you!