• Students will use three safe search, search engines, Kiddle.co, Kidrex.org and Google.com (with SafeSearch). SafeSearch can help you block inappropriate or explicit image from search results. The SafeSearch filter isn’t 100% accurate, but it helps to avoid most adult content. Your students will look up different keywords on each site and explore 2 websites in the search results. They will share what they found/learned with the class or another student in the class. Students learn about and how to use safe search websites.
click on the link below to download this free activity…
Search Engines for Kids Activity
SafeSearch can help you block inappropriate or explicit images from your Google Search results. The SafeSearch filter isn’t 100% accurate, but it helps to avoid most adult content.
Click on the link below for a Google Search results page for the Keyword Dinosaur with Google SafeSearch turned on….
Search results using SafeSearch
To learn more about SafeSearch click on the link below…
- Visual Search engine for Kids
- Powered by editors and Google Safe Search
How is Kiddle designed for Kids?
1. Safe Search: All sites appearing in Kiddle search results satisfy family friendly requirements. They say they filter sites with explicit or deceptive content.
2. Big Thumbnails for search results which makes it easier to scan the results
3. Large Arial Font makes it easy to read
4. Privacy: They don’t collect any personally identifiable information and logs are deleted every 24 hours.
5. Search Results
- Results 1-3 are pages written specifically for kids and are handpicked and checked by Kiddle editors
- Results 4-7 are not specifically written for kids but contain simple language and are handpicked and checked by Kiddle editors
- Results 8 onwards are written for adults but filtered by Google safe search
Update: KidRex is another search engine option for kids…
• Use this Word Search to introduce students to Google Drive or to supplement a Google Drive activity/investigation
• There are 2 versions of this Google Drive Word Search…
1. An easier 10 x 10 Grid Search
2. A more challenging 15 x 15 Grid Search
• Depending on the age and abilities of your students, you have a choice between these two options.
Click on the link below to download this free lesson…
Google Drive Word Search