• This resource contains information and videos about Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
• Show the short video clips through the links on the slides
• Discuss the information students learned from the video or have students write/type the summary information on the slides
• Questions are included for students to analyze each company
The videos also describe how each company got started!
FACEBOOK/INSTAGRAM VS. SNAPCHAT
• Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat each provide a social experience on the web
• They are platforms that allow us to connect with our friends and family
• Each company looks for strategies to keep you on their platforms longer and so you will use them more often
• They even copy features used by their competitors
• Essentially, they compete over people’s time spent online
• For example, when people are using Snapchat, it means that they are potentially spending less of their time on Facebook or Instagram
MONTHLY ACTIVE USER STATISTICS
FACEBOOK – 2.13 BILLION
INSTAGRAM – 800 MILLION
SNAPCHAT – 301 MILLION
These companies compete for your time. Predict what will happen in 10 years with these companies. Some questions to consider…
• Will Facebook continue to dominate?
• Will another social network enter the market?
• Who will have more users Instagram or Snapchat?