· Desire2Learn helps create inspired and engaging learning for all with their online course platform
· D2L’s powerful and flexible learning management platform helps drive better learning outcomes by offering every learner a highly personalized, digital experience.
· This resource uses step-by-step instructions and screenshots to show teachers how to set-up and use Desire2Learn
1. Setting up a class
2. Search Courses
3. Manage the Course Homepage
4. Make a Copy of the Homepage
5. Menu: Communication, Course Tools, Student Tools, Edit Course, Gear
6. Activate a Course
7. Creating Units and Lessons
8. Uploading Files
11. Class Progress
· Post announcements, resources, and more right on students’ course homepages.
· Engage parents by giving them a “fly on the wall” view into the digital classroom.
· Ensure younger students can find their way around with icon-based navigation.
Microsoft OneNote is a Digital Notebook. Annotating a document is one of the best features for teachers in OneNote as it is such a helpful learning tool when doing Q&A with students or learning a new concept. This might be the best tool I have seen to annotate aside from using a SmartBoard.
· Use this feature while teaching students to…
1. Fill-in responses
2. Label diagrams
3. Correct responses
4. Use shapes and arrows to draw attention
OneNote – Your Digital Notebook
Get organized in notebooks you can divide into sections and pages. Revise your notes with type, highlighting, or ink annotations. Draw your thoughts and annotate your notes.
Teachers can use OneNote to organize lesson plans in searchable digital notebooks.
• Students can design logos with the new Wix Logo Maker
• Wix.com is one of the most well known websites for helping people build websites, now they have added a new feature to help build logos
• This revolutionary tool will start by asking students a few questions
• Based on their answers, the algorithm will then automatically generate a selection of variations of what their future logo might look like
• They simply pick their favorite and get ready to customize
Students will edit the following features…
Students can download free samples of their logos to submit to their teacher
A collection of over 40 Educational Technology websites divided into ten categories…
1. Presentation Software
2. Design Software
Glogster, Canva, Piktochart, Autodraw
Comic Life, Pixton, GoAnimate, Bitmoji
4. Writing Stories
Storybird, StoryboardThat, WriteReader, MyStorybook
5. Classroom Management
ClassBadges, ClassDojo, Google Timer, BouncyBalls, Edmodo, Classclimate, CheckItOut, ClassCraft, Remind
Animoto, WeVideo, Movie Maker, Toontastic App
7. Website Builders
Weebly, Wix, Google Sites
Factile, Kahoot, Random Name Picker, Stack the States App
Stack the States Geography App
9. Interactive Tools
KidBlog, Peergrade, Quizlet, Kami, Lucidchart, Flippity, Padlet, Mural, Popplet, PicMonkey, SurveyMonkey, Letter Generator, Thinglink, Trading Card Generator, Evernote
10. Google Tools
Google Drive, Google Classroom, Hangouts, Cast For Education, Maps, Groups, Fonts, Calendar, Photos and more…